Dr Irene McGrath is presenting the course Overview Of The Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) on behalf of the Chemical Hazards Communication Society (CHCS) on Wednesday 6 February at the H10 London, UK.
This one-day course, which was launched in 2017, provides participants with an overview of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012, the Biocidal Products Regulation. Participants will be given a thorough understanding of the practical implications of the BPR for EU manufacturers and importers of biocidal products and articles treated with biocidal products, and how to apply it to their own area of work.
In particular participants will:
- understand the background and fundamentals of the BPR as it replaces the Biocidal Products Directive (BPD)
- understand the terminology and definitions, and how biocidal products are defined in terms of product types
- understand the obligations of suppliers of biocidal products, and articles treated with biocidal products, across the EU including active substance approval and Article 95 requirements
- understand the active substance approval process and the product authorisation process, with respect to Union Authorisations and National Authorisations covering key steps involved, timelines and expected costs
- understand the structure and data requirements for a biocidal product dossier, and the key IT tools used for dossier submission such as IUCLID 6, SPC Editor 2.0 and R4BP 3
- understand the special considerations available for SME’s (Small to Medium Sized Enterprises) and the possibilities within the Biocidal Product Family concept
Comments from delegates attending the first course:
“Presentation skills are fantastic, especially explaining a complex regulation”
“Very detailed and thorough”
“Presenter was very knowledgeable”
“Pitched at the right level”
“Covered a huge amount in a short time, but still explained very well and answered all questions I had”
For further information on the course please visit https://chcs.org.uk/event-2978762